Learning Zone Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/nadavraj/domains/footworkonline.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/footwork/single-course.php on line 30
See the whole body in the feet, use Forms of Touch, and maintain your own wellbeing while working.
Complete the mapping to work with accuracy, and unify the client’s mind and body through touch and instructions.
Engage your client as a partner using verbal guidance, teaching them breathing, relaxation, and silence.
Combine all the tools to structure a full, individualized session, and teach your client to let their body work.
Follow your client’s body in an ongoing learning process and start turning the technique into an art.
Recommended guidelines for studying the Footwork technique:
- For the best viewing experience, choose the HD video option.
- Watch the lessons in consecutive order.
- The workbooks follow the video: use them while you watch. If you choose to print the PDFs, use the correct scaling option to maintain page formatting (File > Print > Page scaling: Fit to printable area).
- To clarify terms and get an overview of the course, refer to the glossary and diagram of main contexts located in the Lesson 1 section.
- The first time you view each lesson, watch from beginning to end to get a general understanding. Then return to specific parts to train, practice techniques or watch sessions.
- Each video lesson is divided into chapters for quick access to specific material.
- Complete the training in each lesson before moving on to the next one.
- The table of contents for each workbook includes internal links to the corresponding chapters. Certain workbook chapters also link to corresponding subjects in the video, for easy cross-referencing. To open the video in a new tab, press Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) while you click the link.
- When learning the forms of touch and mapping (“How to” in the workbooks), practice while you watch the demonstrations on a mobile device to correct your movements and match the flow shown in the video.
- In the workbooks you will be encouraged to do a certain amount of practice; consider this the minimum.
- When possible, train with a partner in order to have the experience of being a client and enhance your own body attention. Colleagues in your profession or related fields can give you feedback which will enable you to improve.
- Use the reference eBook to deepen your knowledge of specific topics as you go along, or read it in its entirety when you have completed the course. Reading the book is not a requirement for completing the course.
Note: Your clients can be fully clothed during sessions. Some demonstrations in the video were conducted with minimal clothing to enhance the clarity of the teaching and the ability to see how the body works.